Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sloppy Joe's and Grape Salad

For those of you who asked. These are the recipes for our dinner at Layton's birthday party.

Sloppy Joe's

2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion
1 can chicken gumbo soup (drained a little)
1/2 c. brown sugar
ketchup

Brown your ground beef, add in chopped onion and a little season salt.
To that, add the soup (I drain it a little so they aren't quite as "sloppy"), brown sugar and ketchup,(I pour it straight from the bottle, until I think I have the right consistency. about 3 cups?).
Cook as long as you want, yesterday I made it in the morning and so it sat in the warm crock pot all day, but sometimes I just mix it up and eat it as soon as everything is warmed up.


Grape Salad
2 bags of grapes (fun to do red and green)
1 cup sour cream
8 oz package of cream cheese (room temperature)
3/4 c. white sugar
brown sugar
chopped pecans

mix sour cream, cream cheese, and white sugar. Mix in grapes. Top with (don't mix in) brown sugar and pecans to make a crumbly crust.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all liked the food enough to ask for the recipe.

0 comments: