Sunday, February 22, 2009

Outside and Loving It!


It has been so nice outside that our snow is almost melted and spring is starting to sprung! So I took the boys out to play, and of course they loved it. Last summer when Parker was younger he hated to be outside, but I think this summer will be a different story. They played and played. While they played guess what I did?

Yep, raked up HAIR. Our dog sugar is a golden retriever and the one groomer in town says she "doesn't do big dogs" so annoying, so needless to say Sugar has been shedding everywhere. I was basically brushing our lawn so the boys don't come in from outside covered in hair all the time. I did like a 6 foot square and got this massive pile, don't be fooled by the few sticks and leaves. It is a pile of hair from a very small section of yard. Hmmm... 6 feet down probably 50 more to go. Yeah for me!:)

4 comments:

Jess said...

You are so Lucky, there is still a ton of snow in Logan. I love your pictures on your new photography blog, they're soo cute.

Trimbles said...

Weird. You should shave him. The other blog looks great. I like the new pic at the top. I was kind of confused by the pricing on the right... is a sitting fee $50 or $100 or does it just depend on who is there? CT and I have been discussing what pictures to order (and thank you in advanced for my birthday present... I"ll let you know which one we want that one to be.) Im going to try to get him to sit down tonight and commit. If you want he can black out his shirt on the ones we want and send it to you since your screen is being weird. Or we can wait till you get a new one. Let me know. Im glad you are all thawing out.

Dani said...

I'M SO JEALOUS! Another friend of mine recently blogged about barbecuing outside in a jacket! Sickening! We have something like 2 to 3 feet of snow outside still and it's too cold. I was sick of it and took Jimmy and the boys for a walk over to the playground the other day anyway and we felt like our faces were frozen off when we got home. I am so excited to see grass! But...that's probably going to be MAY by the time it happens up here! And...yeah...that's a horrible amount of dog hair. :) Too bad about the groomer. But hey, when I lived at home my mom gave me a grooming set with a how-to video on grooming pets. But I'm sure that's the last thing you'd want to take up right now with the photography business starting up. :) Good luck with shaving the hairy yard anyway. I'm done now with this horrifically long comment...

Trimbles said...

Thats so funny that Layton didnt like being outside last year. Why is that I wonder?