Monday, May 25, 2009

Potty Training (round 2)!

This time it is for real :)
We got Layton started with potty training back in November, and he was doing really really well. Lance ended up having to work out of town for about 6 weeks and I decided that I didn't want to do potty training all by myself.
Which of course I have regretted because Layton really was doing so well. I am sure it wouldn't have been any big deal, but you know me. Easy way out :)
Anyway, wehave been just solid with diapers until we just started again. I have been doing the 3 day potty training (http://www.3daypottytraining.com/) and I am so excited about how it is going. Layton is so excited about it and doing great! I totally recommend this way to anyone looking.

This is Layton's potty chart. he gets a sticker every time he goes potty, and when he gets 5 stickers gets earns a special prize. The prizes are a choice of pictures of things he likes to do - painting, horse ride, trampoline, make cookies, etc...

Oh also, this picture is taken after his second night in a row of staying dry!

I bet you can't guess what he has chosen almost every time (pictures of horse rides, coming up :)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Yay! I'm going to try the three day thing too when I potty train Jameson. How exciting! I'm glad he's doing so well! I hope it's like this for me too. :) Looking forward to the horse pictures!

Colledge Family said...

Yay!! What a big boy now! Katie has done really well also and she hasn't woken up wet for a few months now. I'm tempted to let her sleep in panties, but I'm still a little nervous so we are sticking to the pull ups at night :)

Trimbles said...

Funny. Mom said he chooses the horse rides every time.